Mission Statement of the Boston Area Coffeehouse Association
The Boston Area Coffeehouse Association was founded in May 2000 to help independent, non-profit musical performance venues in the greater Boston area to:
- Increase communication, coordination, and cooperation between the various coffeehouses in the greater Boston area.
- Work together on common projects which would spread the awareness of folk and acoustic music.
- Share resources and knowledge.
- Provide a focal point for communication between the Boston area coffeehouses and other organizations in the music business and media. (e.g. booking agencies, news media, etc.)
- Provide an up-to-date calendar of events to help folk music lovers find concerts near where they live.